cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: ROP, Hessian and protocol-buffers
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 11:04:16 GMT

> On May 24, 2016, at 1:59 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> I agree. Ideally the modules should be able to discover each other without configuration.
For example if you drop in both cayenne-rop and cayenne-rop-proto into the project, then protostuff
should automatically be used without explicit configuration. Here's an example from Jersey
as how they do this:

> https://jersey.java.net/documentation/latest/deployment.html#deployment.autodiscoverable

Yep. Same as Bootique: http://bootique.io/docs/0/bootique-docs/index.html#programming-module-providers
. This is a standard Java auto-discovery mechanism based on JDK ServiceLoader. I had a few
offline conversations about introducing it in Cayenne. Need to bring them online. FWIW this
task is independent from the ROP work and affects many other modules.

Andrus