cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne ROP Improvements
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 00:29:17 GMT
Good idea. The server part should probably be split from cayenne-server.

Andrus

> On May 5, 2016, at 8:26 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> Perhaps the whole of ROP becomes an optional module?
>
> Ari
>

> On 6/05/2016 10:18am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> It's been a while since I touched the ROP code. Back in the day Java serialization
"kind of worked", but not completely. So you are probably right that it is not a real option.
I am just trying to avoid new dependencies (even optional) on third-party libs in the Cayenne
core. So perhaps we can simply leave out any "default" serialization and always require an
explicit serialization provider.

>> Andrus
>>
>>> On May 5, 2016, at 8:12 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but I don't think Java serialisation has
been implemented in ROP. The work Dima did was to move away from the Hessian servlet stuff
for making the HTTP connection, to plain Java with the option for plugging in Jetty libraries
for HTTP/2.

>>> The work Savva did just now was to use protostuff for serialisation, but I'm
not sure what's now needed if we wanted plain Java serialisation or whether that's even possible
without some sort of library to handle an object graph with cycles.

>>> Or at least that's my understanding.
>>>
>>> Ari

and make it easy to plugin Hessian and Protostuff as separate modules.

Google's
It also