cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Reordering of database operations causes violation of unique constraint
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 22:43:52 GMT
On 10/05/2016 10:37pm, Andrea Biasillo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My name is Andrea Biasillo, I am software architect in Dataloy AS, Bergen
> Norway. In one of our project we use Cayenne as ORM. Unfortunately we are
> facing the same problem reported by this case:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1898
>
> Is  this case never  been taken in consideration? Is there a solution or at
> least a work-wround?

I'm pretty sure that issue was found in one of my projects, and the workaround was just to
rewrite the offending code to commit the delete before trying to insert an identical object.
Or else just mutate the old object into the values you need.

That is, our workaround wasn't to hack Cayenne to reorder the queries, but just to break up
the commits. Wrap them into a database transaction if you need to.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis