cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: merging process
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 11:47:13 GMT
I applied the patch. We already have symmetrical static and instance methods in the Ordering
class. The new ones make total sense to me. The process is like this:

git fetch origin pull/NNN/head:NNN
git merge NNN
test ... change ... commit .. push

I even opened a Jira - CAY-2073 :)

Missed the fact that javadocs were off. Still the code is fine. We can update the javadocs
now.

> I'm confused about who is the asfgit user is who "merged" this to master.

IIRC asfgit is the sync process that syncs ASF Git to GitHub. Never mind that though. Look
at the Git history instead. It only has this commit from Lon:

commit 46b45279e5c6fba5b352c777927388298e73f9c3
Author: Lon Varscsak <l*****k@gmail.com>

But yeah, confusing. I think we need to make a rule to use "--no-ff" when merging. Then there
will be a merge author in the history.

> Also, what is our process for handling CLA from github users.

Back in the day of Jira patches, we did not require a CLA for "simple" patches. IIRC Git policies
were at least as lenient. Anyone can confirm?

Andrus

> On Apr 5, 2016, at 2:24 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> Can we discuss the process by which https://github.com/apache/cayenne/pull/94 got merged
just now?

> I'm confused about who is the asfgit user is who "merged" this to master. Also, what
is our process for handling CLA from github users.

> And as for the commit itself: it has problems. Firstly the javadocs are wrong on one
method and missing on the other. And I'm not sure why we'd be adding static methods to this
class. That just seems like unnecessary clutter.