cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 jenkins builds
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2016 10:55:56 GMT
We are not fully out of the woods, but we are in a much better shape now with Jenkins 3.1 builds:

https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Cayenne/job/cayenne-31/131/

All I fixed was (some) DB cleanup code in the unit tests and Java 8 javadoc profile. So no
reasons to believe that anything in the code is broken.

Andrus

> On Mar 24, 2016, at 10:01 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> Savva recently did some tweaks to 3.1 test bootstrap code to ensure that Jenkins is picking
up the right DB type (until now it was testing everything with default DB - HSQL , no matter
what Jenkins UI showed). I just edited Jenkins configs to make sure these changes can take
effect, added Java 8 dimension, and manually started a 3.1 build. Now that the tests are running
against HSQL, H2 and Derby, I expected a fair amount of random failures. Though this is pretty
bad:

> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Cayenne/job/cayenne-31/126/
>
> You may remember that the cause of failures is DB cleanup randomness in the tests (not
bugs in Cayenne). Those were eradicated in 4.0, stabilizing the builds there. Porting the
fixes to 3.1 felt like a huge undertaking and was never pursued. This unfortunately means
that now it is hard to separate real errors from noise on the stable branch :-/