cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject 3.1 jenkins builds
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 19:01:38 GMT
Savva recently did some tweaks to 3.1 test bootstrap code to ensure that Jenkins is picking
up the right DB type (until now it was testing everything with default DB - HSQL , no matter
what Jenkins UI showed). I just edited Jenkins configs to make sure these changes can take
effect, added Java 8 dimension, and manually started a 3.1 build. Now that the tests are running
against HSQL, H2 and Derby, I expected a fair amount of random failures. Though this is pretty
bad:

https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Cayenne/job/cayenne-31/126/

You may remember that the cause of failures is DB cleanup randomness in the tests (not bugs
in Cayenne). Those were eradicated in 4.0, stabilizing the builds there. Porting the fixes
to 3.1 felt like a huge undertaking and was never pursued. This unfortunately means that now
it is hard to separate real errors from noise on the stable branch :-/

Andrus