cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject CMP: Search/Validate
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:28:28 GMT
Since we had so much discussion on the tree view, I thought I'd stir things
up a bit more.  :-)

Since I'm not a fan of the popups, I'm thinking about something like this
for search/validate:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54311650/CayenneModelerPrototype/SearchAndValidate.png

I think ideally we would leave the search field in the upper right corner
and automatically show the search results/validation issues when the user
searches or has validation issues.  (And perhaps automatically close when
there is nothing to show.)  It is in a split view which can be resized, so
most of the time would not be taking up much space at all in the tree
view.  Could also reverse the positions, but I think on the bottom of the
tree view is a good place.

FWIW, part of the reason I'm anti-popup is I want this version of CM to
support multiple main windows.  You should be able to open many projects at
once.  I want the "popup" data to be in the window itself so there is no
confusion what window/project it is supporting.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

mrg