cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 4.0 jenkins build failures
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 07:49:58 GMT
I thought all our tests are using LocalConnection and do not open server sockets. Could be
wrong. Something to check.

Andrus

> On Mar 30, 2016, at 10:46 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> The log I just looked at failed inside Hessian serialisation and ultimately:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
> 	at java.net.URL.readResolve(URL.java:1311)
>
> Could this be a socket problem with multiple jobs running at once on the same machine
and trying to grab the same unix socket or port?

> Ari

>> Hmm, now 4.0 started failing with random errors. Makes no sense what so ever.
>>
>> A.
>>

>>> On Mar 24, 2016, at 10:01 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
wrote:

>>> Savva recently did some tweaks to 3.1 test bootstrap code to ensure that Jenkins
is picking up the right DB type (until now it was testing everything with default DB - HSQL
, no matter what Jenkins UI showed). I just edited Jenkins configs to make sure these changes
can take effect, added Java 8 dimension, and manually started a 3.1 build. Now that the tests
are running against HSQL, H2 and Derby, I expected a fair amount of random failures. Though
this is pretty bad:

>>> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Cayenne/job/cayenne-31/126/
>>>
>>> You may remember that the cause of failures is DB cleanup randomness in the tests
(not bugs in Cayenne). Those were eradicated in 4.0, stabilizing the builds there. Porting
the fixes to 3.1 felt like a huge undertaking and was never pursued. This unfortunately means
that now it is hard to separate real errors from noise on the stable branch :-/