cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: JPA to Cayenne entity compiler?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 04:38:24 GMT
I used Lombock as an example what we can do with built-in JDK features. Not suggesting we actually
use Lombock.

> On Mar 2, 2016, at 1:28 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:

>> Maybe it is time to start using compile annotation processors in Cayenne? E.g. see
this video:

>> https://projectlombok.org/
>
> My concern is that since it is a hack that uses undocumented bits of the JDK, moving
to new releases of Java may be significantly delayed.

> I'd love to see the JDK adopt many Lombok features (or even many of the similar features
in Groovy with implicit getters and setters), but I'd be worried about us *requiring* Lombok
as something that many developers will have a strong opinion about.

> I'm also not really sure what problem is solves for us. All the boilerplate is neatly
tucked away in the superclasses, so why do we care?