cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne Modeler Prototype
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:37:44 GMT

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 2:27 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> But of course you never have the whole thing expanded at once. Typically you'd use it
just like you would the three panel approach with a similar number of clicks. The tree only
becomes unhelpful if you expand lots of things at once and maybe an accordion approach (where
expanding one thing collapses everything else) could work.

> The only reason I really like this approach though is how much more room is available
for the editor, rather than cramming it into the bottom 20% of the frame. Everything else
apart from the editor is just navigation.

Kind of like Eclipse Java Perspective:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/to39vjp02oaa7rp/screen.png?dl=0

I can expand classes on the left, but I never do in practice, as the tree becomes unwieldy.
Splitting it between project/package view and class properties view seems ideal. Java class
model.

Andrus