cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne Modeler Prototype
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:14:37 GMT

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 2:12 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:

>> I'd really love to see (1) attribute table, (2) relationship table, (3) object editor
all in one view. I think we can save space by avoiding lots of columns and using longer text
labels and icons. E.g.:

>> myProperty : String <MY_PROPERTY> <lock_icon>
>> myRel: SomeEntity
>> myCollectionRel: List<SomeEntity>
>>
>> The only reason individual properties of attributes/relationships are in cells now
is cause they are editable. Since they won't be editable in the new version, we can come up
with compact labels.

> Are you advocating for a three panel type approach (tree -> properties -> editor)?
Or merging properties into the tree?

> Ari

3 panel. Don't want to see another level of nesting on the main project tree.

Andrus