cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: CMP: Search/Validate
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 22:39:12 GMT
On 30/03/2016 10:28pm, Michael Gentry wrote:
> Since I'm not a fan of the popups, I'm thinking about something like this
> for search/validate:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54311650/CayenneModelerPrototype/SearchAndValidate.png

I think we might be able to do still better:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14832257/SearchAndValidate.png

That is, display the validation errors inline rather than in another panel. As for search,
a typeahead style drop down box in the search field is probably easier to use and more intuitive.

There are probably some errors which aren't anchored to a field, so they would need to display
within the edit view, perhaps at the top.

But I'm 100% with you on getting rid of any floating dialogs.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis