cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne Modeler Prototype
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:12:48 GMT
On 29/03/2016 10:07pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I'd really love to see (1) attribute table, (2) relationship table, (3) object editor
all in one view. I think we can save space by avoiding lots of columns and using longer text
labels and icons. E.g.:

> myProperty : String <MY_PROPERTY> <lock_icon>
> myRel: SomeEntity
> myCollectionRel: List<SomeEntity>
>
> The only reason individual properties of attributes/relationships are in cells now is
cause they are editable. Since they won't be editable in the new version, we can come up with
compact labels.

Are you advocating for a three panel type approach (tree -> properties -> editor)? Or
merging properties into the tree?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis