cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M3 second attempt
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 11:10:41 GMT

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 2:04 PM, Savva Kolbachev <s.kolbachev@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> SelectQueryIT.testSelectLikeCaseSensitive:26
> Specific to settings of my database. I have SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
> collation. So I have to add CI_PROPERTY ("
> cayenne.runtime.db.collation.assume.ci") runtime property, then this test
> will be skipped; or I have to change collation of my database.

I just found a note in SQLServerAdapter javadocs:

* Note on case-sensitive LIKE: if your application requires case-sensitive
* LIKE support, ask your DBA to configure the database to use a case-senstitive
* collation (one with "CS" in symbolic collation name instead of "CI", e.g.
* "SQL_Latin1_general_CP1_CS_AS").

IIRC this is the collation that we need to use for the tests.

Andrus