cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: work on ROP
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 12:09:50 GMT
On 12/02/2016 9:55pm, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk wrote:
> [...]
made SESSION_COOKIE_NAME final for some reason.

some sort of pipeline requests go through to be able to add various parameters like compression,
custom cookies, etc. might be beneficial.
>> A pipeline could be nice, but maybe more work than is needed. A user could just subclass
HttpROPConnector to most of what they want. If SESSION_COOKIE_NAME wasn't final...

> Sorry, not really following... SESSION_COOKIE_NAME is just a string constant for the
default name of the session cookie. Users can still add any cookies with any names they want
by overriding "addSessionCookie" or "doRequest" method of HttpROPConnector.

Ah, I see. I thought it was used elsewhere as the authoritative name of the cookie rather
than just the default. Then that's all good.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis