cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Dzmitry Kazimirchyk <dkazimirc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: work on ROP
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 10:36:42 GMT
There are mainly DI module configurations in "configuration.rop"
packages, which I think makes sense. However in
"configuration.rop.client" there are also ClientRuntime classes, which
I'm guessing can be moved "org.apache.cayenne.rop" package for consistency.

Dima

On 2/4/16 1:16 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> On 21/01/2016 11:39pm, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk wrote:
>> One of the questions here is still whether we want to go all the way and introduce
changes which can potentially brake things for upgrading users or we should preserve the old
HessianROPServlet and the logic around it and have a new pluggable approach as an alternative
to what we currently have.

> What is the reason that half the implementation is in org.apache.cayenne.rop and the
other half in org.apache.cayenne.configuration.rop? Why are some http parts in org.apache.cayenne.rop.http
but not all of them?

> Given that we are breaking backward compatibility for people who have overridden specific
bits of this, should we tidy up?