cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: 15 years of Cayenne
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 12:50:08 GMT
Thank you and congratulation! :)

Looks like I started using Cayenne in 2002-2003. And I still use it with joy! :) Cayenne is
very hight on my list of good technology choices. Yes, I have a list of bad choices as well
:)

 - Tore.

> On 04 Feb 2016, at 17:42, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> Almost forgot, though LinkedIn reminded me today - Cayenne was first started around February
2001. That makes it a 15th anniversary. I don't remember the exact date, but there was a kickoff
meeting with ~6-8 people I worked with at the time in a company in Atlanta, USA. We discussed
the direction and (most importantly) - the name of that new open source project. And a guy
named Rich Bordelon suggested to call it "Cayenne". It was a fun journey. And still is. Most
of the good things in my professional life are related in one way or another to Cayenne project
and Cayenne community. Thanks everybody !!