cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject CM Thoughts
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 12:58:40 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to start a conversation about future improvements for CM.

My current wish list:

- Java Entities
    - Class Level:
        - Ability to add extra imports.
        - Ability to add interfaces implemented.
        - Ability to add JavaDoc.
        - Ability to add annotations.
    - Attribute Level:
        - Ability to add JavaDoc.
        - Ability to add annotations.
    - Relationship Level:
        - Ability to add JavaDoc.
        - Ability to add annotations.
        - Ability to drill-down through relationships.*
- DB Entities
    - Table Level:
        - Ability to add comments (for DBs that support comments).
    - Column Level:
        - Ability to add comments (for DBs that support comments).
    - Relationship Level:
        - Ability to add comments (for DBs that support comments).
        - Ability to drill-down through relationships.*

* Llike EOModeler, in the left-hand navigation pane.  You could keep
expanding the relationship tree to expose other entities/relationships.

We've also previously chatted a bit about if we even want to keep
maintaining the current form of CM.  If we did want to overhaul the
implementation, what route should we go?

- JFX  (Seems like Oracle's ugly stepchild and I question their commitment
to it.)
- SWT
- Eclipse Plugin (The WOLips route.)
- Electron (Used by Atom and Visual Studio Code, among others.)

Your thoughts greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

mrg