cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: work on ROP
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2016 02:54:43 GMT
On 21/01/2016 11:39pm, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk wrote:
> One of the questions here is still whether we want to go all the way and introduce changes
which can potentially brake things for upgrading users or we should preserve the old HessianROPServlet
and the logic around it and have a new pluggable approach as an alternative to what we currently
have.

I don't think preserving backward compatibility is important here. Firstly, the number of
ROP users is small. Secondly, the changes which this requires in end-user code are fairly
simple and can be well documented. And this is targeting Cayenne 4.0, so a perfect time to
break things if we need to.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis