cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne Modeler on OS X Build Failing?
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2015 15:36:38 GMT
On 1/01/2016 1:52am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I don't have any objections to this. The advantage would be using Java 8 stuff (lambdas,
streams) inside the Modeler. Any other benefits you had in mind?

We found that moving our Swing app to java 8 helped with a few UI bugs (mainly on OSX from
memory), but more importantly JavaFX support is much better.

I find the Java lamba/stream syntax messy compared to Groovy's equivalents, so I can't say
I've played with them much yet. I've spent quite a bit of time inside Groovy (either on its
own, or through Gradle) and liking it a lot. I'm quite interested in the intersection between
Groovy and JavaFX but haven't had time to do much with it yet.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis