cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject work on ROP
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 10:21:32 GMT
Just a heads up that Dima and I have been chatting offline about dramatically reworking the
ROP connection code at the client end. I think our goals right now are simple:

* unwrap anything HTTP from the code and throw it away
* that includes cookie handling, user, password, etc
* ideally make Hessian pluggable/replaceable, but that's a secondary goal and may be left
till later

I suspect much of the work needed is to figure how ClientChannel needs to interact with the
connection and perhaps develop a very simple interface for that connection inside Cayenne.

The idea is to let the user supply their own connection. Whether that be http client libraries
from Java, httpClient from apache commons, or the jetty http2 client library. Then it becomes
easy to:

* wrap the connection in SSL
* add different types of authentication
* manage session cookies
* add session timeouts
* compress the http stream
* use keep-alive

Dima, have I roughly summarised the goals here? Do you have anything to add?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis