cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: work on ROP
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:19:37 GMT
> * unwrap anything HTTP from the code and throw it away
> * that includes cookie handling, user, password, etc
> * ideally make Hessian pluggable/replaceable, but that's a secondary goal and may be
left till later

I am certainly +1 on this.

Though all the connectivity is delegated to HessianProxyFactory (with some Cayenne flavor
on top). Hope you've already figured out how to swap that out.

Andrus

> On Dec 16, 2015, at 1:21 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au> wrote:
>
> Just a heads up that Dima and I have been chatting offline about dramatically reworking
the ROP connection code at the client end. I think our goals right now are simple:

> * unwrap anything HTTP from the code and throw it away
> * that includes cookie handling, user, password, etc
> * ideally make Hessian pluggable/replaceable, but that's a secondary goal and may be
left till later

> I suspect much of the work needed is to figure how ClientChannel needs to interact with
the connection and perhaps develop a very simple interface for that connection inside Cayenne.

> The idea is to let the user supply their own connection. Whether that be http client
libraries from Java, httpClient from apache commons, or the jetty http2 client library. Then
it becomes easy to: