cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Change audit framework
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:49:30 GMT
Just committed an updated version that supports to-many relationships. Altered the model of
individual object changes to separately track changes to attributes, to-one and to-many relationships:

https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/master/cayenne-lifecycle/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/lifecycle/changemap/ObjectChange.java

Eventually we should probably reuse this model for internal Cayenne change tracking. It seems
universal enough, will allow ObjectContext users to inspect changes prior to commit (which
is doable now, but not easy), and will avoid multiple copies of "diffs".

Andrus

> On Sep 29, 2015, at 5:46 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> I just sent a pull request with the first cut of the implementation. My plan is to try
this new implementation with my audit system and if it works well, apply it to master (hopefully
by then CAY-2028 will also be ready). The implementation I ended up with does not have JSON
serialization. Just pure objects. Here is how it works:

> 1. Write a listener (currently requires an interface, but if needed we can easily switch
to annotations) :

> public class L implements PostCommitListener {
>
>  @Override
>  public void onPostCommit(ObjectContext originatingContext, ChangeMap changes) {
>     // do something with your changes
>  }
> }
>
> 2. Configure Cayenne stack with "PostCommit" module:
>
> Module m = PostCommitModuleBuilder.builder().listener(L1.class);
> ServerRuntime r = ServerRuntimeBuilder
>  .builder()
>  .addConfig("cayenne-lifecycle.xml")
>  .addModule(m)
>  .build();
>

> PostCommitModuleBuilder supports a few non-default options, such as excluding entities,
entity properties, and hiding "confidential" property values, such as passwords using the
existing @Auditable annotation. Or you can write a custom PostCommitEntityFactory to support
your own annotations.