cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From John Huss <johnth...@gmail.com>
Subject Modifying other objects in PRE_UPDATE callback
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 18:16:36 GMT
I've noticed that during the PRE_UPDATE lifecycle callback, if you update a
different object the PRE_UPDATE callback is not invoked for that object
before the commit occurs.  It would be preferable to have the callback
still execute before the commit.

For example,

I am using PRE_UPDATE to conditionally update a modification time
attribute.  In some cases I want to update other objects in PRE_UPDATE as
well in response to a change.  If I do that I find that PRE_UPDATE is not
being called on these other objects and that their modification time
doesn't change (although all the changes as saved).

Is it ok to change this behavior?  I assume PRE_PERSIST behaves the same
way, but I haven't tried it.

John