cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: java/jdbc version
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 08:02:18 GMT

> On Sep 4, 2015, at 10:53 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
>> cayenne 4 is java 6. Will it go java 7+ or are we staying on 6? I want to use the
new java.sql.Connection#getSchema. It will probably require updated jdbc drivers and dbcp2
as well, so it might be easier to create our own adapter#getSchema(Connection). What do you
think?

> I've been softly advocating to switch to Java 7 in 4.0 for some time. And I think by
now just enough time has passed to  consider Java 6 a distant memory.

> IIRC Savva either started working or was planning to start working on a DBCP2 module,
so we should be covered on that front as well.

> So maybe we take an (informal?) vote on this and go Java 7?

Just found the last thread on this from a year ago:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.cayenne.devel/12754

Other than IntelliJ IDEA being behind on OSX, there were no concerns. But even if IDEA is
running under Java 6, it can be used to develop Java 7 apps. So I think we should switch.

Andrus