cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Cayenne video from WOWODC
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 19:43:34 GMT
I haven't watched GoT yet, so no spoilers!  :-)

Around 7:30 you make it look like you can't do something without messing
with XML in 3.1, but in fact, I did:

    /**

     * Sets up JNDI, Cayenne, Database, and Tapestry Registry for all tests.

     */

    @BeforeClass

    public static void setUpAllTests() throws NamingException

    {

        // Use a custom Cayenne server runtime.

        CayenneUtils.setCayenneRuntime(new ServerRuntime(Analytic.MODEL_NAME,
new CayenneExtrasModule()));

    }

    /**

     * Custom Cayenne DI module.

     */

    private static class CayenneExtrasModule implements Module

    {

        @Override

        public void configure(Binder binder)

        {

            // Change the SchemaUpdateStrategy to create the DB schema for
unit

            // testing instead of using the model's default which assumes an

            // existing schema.

            binder.bind(SchemaUpdateStrategy.class
).to(CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy.class);

        }

    }

Still watching the rest, but +1 for adding it to the site!

Thanks,

mrg