cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Change audit framework
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 09:46:19 GMT
I just sent a pull request with the first cut of the implementation. My plan is to try this
new implementation with my audit system and if it works well, apply it to master (hopefully
by then CAY-2028 will also be ready). The implementation I ended up with does not have JSON
serialization. Just pure objects. Here is how it works:

1. Write a listener (currently requires an interface, but if needed we can easily switch to
annotations) :

public class L implements PostCommitListener {

   @Override
   public void onPostCommit(ObjectContext originatingContext, ChangeMap changes) {
      // do something with your changes
   }
}

2. Configure Cayenne stack with "PostCommit" module:

Module m = PostCommitModuleBuilder.builder().listener(L1.class);
ServerRuntime r = ServerRuntimeBuilder
   .builder()
   .addConfig("cayenne-lifecycle.xml")
   .addModule(m)
   .build();

PostCommitModuleBuilder supports a few non-default options, such as excluding entities, entity
properties, and hiding "confidential" property values, such as passwords using the existing
@Auditable annotation. Or you can write a custom PostCommitEntityFactory to support your own
annotations.

TODO: there is not support for @AuditableChild yet. Need to think how to better handle this
one.