cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: java/jdbc version
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 07:53:49 GMT
Hi Tore,

> cayenne 4 is java 6. Will it go java 7+ or are we staying on 6? I want to use the new
java.sql.Connection#getSchema. It will probably require updated jdbc drivers and dbcp2 as
well, so it might be easier to create our own adapter#getSchema(Connection). What do you think?

I've been softly advocating to switch to Java 7 in 4.0 for some time. And I think by now just
enough time has passed to  consider Java 6 a distant memory.

IIRC Savva either started working or was planning to start working on a DBCP2 module, so we
should be covered on that front as well.

So maybe we take an (informal?) vote on this and go Java 7?

> One more thing, is it okay to send in github pull-requests now or should I push to the
actual branch at apache?

If you want your code to be reviewed before commit, then pull request on GitHub is the way
to go. If not, you can just commit it to the ASF repo's master.

Andrus