cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Switching to Java 1.7
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2015 10:59:41 GMT
A number of things across a number of commits:

1. Manual switch to the diamond syntax (I wish I knew how to do it automatically via IDE)
2. JDBC 4.1 upgrade (replacing backwards compatibility code with actual calls to JDBC delegates)
3. Full switch from DBCP (that is not compatible with Java 7) to DBCP2 that is.
4. Switching to try-with-resources instead of nested try/finally.
5. Removal of OS X Java 6 Modeler assembly.
6. Finally indeed there was some reformatting of the code especially as part of #4.

Andrus

> On Sep 12, 2015, at 11:00 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> That's a pretty big commit. Is it mostly whitespace changes from an IDE performing some
automated Java 7 syntax change like the diamond syntax?

> Ari
>

> On 13/09/2015 9:09am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> And so , we are on Java 7.
>>
>>> On Sep 7, 2015, at 3:13 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> So one final reminder that we are establishing lazy consensus for switching Cayenne
4.0 to Java 1.7. I think may still wait a few more days, and then do it. To summarize past
threads on the topic, the only concern is that there is a correlation between container JEE
version and supported version of J2SE, so some JEE 1.6 containers may require Java 6.