cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: java/jdbc version
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 10:38:18 GMT
Hello.

> On 04 Sep 2015, at 09:53, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Tore,
>
>> cayenne 4 is java 6. Will it go java 7+ or are we staying on 6? I want to use the
new java.sql.Connection#getSchema. It will probably require updated jdbc drivers and dbcp2
as well, so it might be easier to create our own adapter#getSchema(Connection). What do you
think?

> I've been softly advocating to switch to Java 7 in 4.0 for some time. And I think by
now just enough time has passed to  consider Java 6 a distant memory.

> IIRC Savva either started working or was planning to start working on a DBCP2 module,
so we should be covered on that front as well.

> So maybe we take an (informal?) vote on this and go Java 7?

+1

Good news. All our stuff use java 8 now.

>> One more thing, is it okay to send in github pull-requests now or should I push to
the actual branch at apache?

> If you want your code to be reviewed before commit, then pull request on GitHub is the
way to go. If not, you can just commit it to the ASF repo's master.

Thanks. That is perfect.

Regards,
Tore Halset.