cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Change audit framework
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 10:45:13 GMT

> On Sep 23, 2015, at 1:20 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> * fail fast and don't stop the main Cayenne processing thread. That is, if the message
broker/other database fails to return quickly, don't prevent the commit returning control
to the application. Possibly even try to attempt the storage in a separate thread.

> * if the audit message fails (say your message broker is dead), then raise an error and
try to roll back the transaction. I'm guessing it is too late for Cayenne to help with that.

I think multi-threading and error handling concerns are outside of Cayenne concerns. We'll
dispatch these events synchronously, letting the receiver do anything fancy beyond that on
their own.

E.g. in my code, Kafka access is abstracted as a "log queue service", swappable via DI to
sending output to STDOUT.

Andrus