cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject get-prefix in DataObjects
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 11:37:17 GMT
Hi all.

I don’t use “get" prefixes on the accessors for attributes on my DataObjects. This has
worked flawlessly until now, but I just stumbled onto a case where it will cause a failure
inside Cayenne’s world, i.e. when attempting to  access property values on objects using
org.apache.cayenne.exp.Property.getFrom( someObject ).

The method documentation explicitly states that a bean-style get-prefix is required, so this
was to be expected. But I’m wondering if there are more places where Cayenne depends on
it and if the requirement for the “get” prefix should be eliminated entirely within Cayenne’s
universe? (I’m sure I’m not the only one who is not fond of using it)

I got around this particular case by implementing my own “poor man’s KeyValueCoding”
(for those of you familiar with EOF), but it would be nice not having to do something of that
ilk.

Cheers,
- hugi

// Hugi Thordarson