cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with Web app deployment
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:37:44 GMT
Hah!   Well, you might want to hold off on that, as I took a different
approach to the velocity issue -- I joined the project and am working
on a new release :)

And we do always have the option of using the velocity release that
internalizes all dependencies so that it has no external dependencies.
I'll have to look at these again, but I think it packages them.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Andrus Adamchik
<andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> (taking to dev)
>
> Yeah, Velocity is the dirtiest of the remaining Cayenne dependencies that drags a bunch
of other things into the stack.

> I am thinking of creating a pluggable syntax for SQLTemplate. By default Cayenne would
provide a simple parser that is a subset of Velocity, but without Velocity (support for $var
variables, #bind, #result and other Cayenne directives). And moving full Velocity integration
into a separate module to avoid the dependency tail.