cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Trouble with Web app deployment
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:34:39 GMT
(taking to dev)

Yeah, Velocity is the dirtiest of the remaining Cayenne dependencies that drags a bunch of
other things into the stack.

I am thinking of creating a pluggable syntax for SQLTemplate. By default Cayenne would provide
a simple parser that is a subset of Velocity, but without Velocity (support for $var variables,
#bind, #result and other Cayenne directives). And moving full Velocity integration into a
separate module to avoid the dependency tail.

Andrus