cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne 4.0 M2 and OSGi classloading issue
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 15:14:15 GMT
And BTW, over the weekend I committed a new connection pool to Cayenne that is non-blocking
and supports connection validation query. So  barring any possible bugs in this new code,
it should be on par with more "high-end" pools in performance and failover. So you might just
build M3 from master and use the example as is.

Andrus

> On May 4, 2015, at 9:40 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> Our example on GitHub should work with built-in Cayenne connection pool:
>
> ServerRuntime runtime = new ServerRuntimeBuilder()
> 	.addConfig("cayenne-project.xml")
> 	.addModule(OsgiModuleBuilder
> 		.forProject(Activator.class)
> 		.withDriver(org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver42.class)
> 		.module())
> 	.build();
>

> I suspect it should also work with older DBCP 1 pool, if you could get this into OSGi.
But this hasn't been tested.