cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: New features in Select API
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 22:56:12 GMT
On 9/04/2015 1:12am, John Huss wrote:
>> > by

> These exist to provide iteration WITHOUT fetching all the objects in the
> memory at once.  For very large result sets this is very important, even
> required.

So internally to Cayenne is this equivalent to pagination? I've had great success fetching
several hundred thousand records very quickly and in small amounts of memory, using pagination
to read them in batches from the DB.

With this iterator will Cayenne read all the ids of the result set and create hollow objects
in the same way? Or is the implementation simply a deferral of the conversion of DataRows
to ObjectEntities?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis