cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: New features in Select API
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 05:10:22 GMT

> On Apr 9, 2015, at 1:56 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> So internally to Cayenne is this equivalent to pagination? I've had great success fetching
several hundred thousand records very quickly and in small amounts of memory, using pagination
to read them in batches from the DB.

The observable behavior is close. But the implementation is different.

> With this iterator will Cayenne read all the ids of the result set and create hollow
objects in the same way? Or is the implementation simply a deferral of the conversion of DataRows
to ObjectEntities?

No, it is different. Implementation keeps an open JDBC ResultSet and reads records one by
one, as the caller progresses through iterator.

Andrus