cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE - CANCELED] 4.0.M2
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:24:42 GMT
Yeah, forgot about this one.

Also as [VOTE] threads are our only legal record of each release, I figured to avoid future
confusion, we mark this one as CANCELED (which I did in the subject), and then start a new
thread with different Message-ID once we are ready for another vote.

Andrus

> On Feb 25, 2015, at 2:12 PM, Alex Kolonitsky <akolonitsky@objectstyle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all
> I've just found that we still have dependency on GPL library in tests (org.fluttercode.datafactory:datafactory)
> We postpone voting until I fix this issue and rebuild all release artifacts.
>

>> On Feb 25, 2015, at 2:45 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 24/02/2015 4:21am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>> These we need to fix. So I am temporarily -1. Let's add those licenses and re-publish
the release (and while we are at it, we might fix #1 as well).

>> I think that we perhaps need to pause and understand what it is we are releasing.
I appreciate the considerable development work being put in at the moment, particularly by
Alex, Savva and yourself. But a lot of that work is not being discussed on this list, so I'm
a little confused about exactly where we got to with the new API and other features for 4.0.

>> 1. Are we looking for a milestone release which will contain a fully finished API?
>>
>> 2. What are we asking users to review and give us feedback on?
>>
>> 3. What is our policy on removing bits of the API between 4.0M2 and 4.0M3 if we decide
we don't like something?

>> 4. What is the state of the documentation to show users how to use the new API? I
took a look and couldn't find anything other than the javadocs.

>> I am all in favour of releasing much more often, but I think we should be clear about
what this release is there to achieve.