cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 4.0.M2
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:21:12 GMT
I just went through release validation checklist. Signatures and checksums match. Source build
and OS X binary build both appear valid. Maven repo works. Now Rat... I ran rat.sh from an
unpacked source distro. Noticed a small problem (see the attached report) :

1. Rat fails on a bunch of IDEA .iml files. I guess we just add .iml to ignores going forward.
So this is NOT a show stopper. Though I guess ideally we should exclude IDE-generated files
from the source assembly (and yes, I checked 3.2M1, and sure enough it had Eclipse project
files that got there from my environment).

2. Also Rat fails on a few test cases and a test SQL file.

./cayenne-server/src/test/java/org/apache/cayenne/testdo/unsupported_distinct_types/Customer.java
  ./cayenne-server/src/test/java/org/apache/cayenne/testdo/unsupported_distinct_types/Product.java
  ./cayenne-server/src/test/java/org/apache/cayenne/testdo/unsupported_distinct_types/UnsupportedDistinctTypes.java
  ./plugins/maven-cayenne-plugin/src/test/resources/org/apache/cayenne/tools/dbimport/testOneToOne.sql

These we need to fix. So I am temporarily -1. Let's add those licenses and re-publish the
release (and while we are at it, we might fix #1 as well).

Andrus