cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: SQLExec query
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:43:45 GMT
On 26/01/2015 10:26pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> This form is most generic - it can be a mix of multiple update counts and result lists.
Mostly happens with stored procedures, but in theory can happen with some multi-statement
arbitrary raw SQL:

> https://github.com/andrus/cayenne/blob/sqlexec/cayenne-server/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/QueryResult.java

I find this interface very curious. I don't understand what benefit it has over just returning
the list of result objects (be they Cayenne entities or a count of results) directly. Can
you demonstrate how this interface results in cleaner code for the user?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis