cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <aadamc...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT]
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2014 07:50:55 GMT
Apache Cayenne is a Java persistence framework. It takes a distinct approach to
object persistence and provides an ORM runtime, remote persistence services, and
a GUI mapping/modeling tool.

### Project Status

* Cayenne 3.1 Final was released on September 29.
* Active 3.2 release branch was renamed to 4.0 to reflect a significant scope of changes.
* 4.0 development has been very active. We added a new fluent query APIs, and a new automated

  way to synchronize the ORM model with DB-schema and Java classes, made significant
  CayenneModeler UI improvements. More new features are likely to happen in the coming months.
* We are in preparations to release 4.0.M2.

### Community

* dev@ list activity is higher than before, due to the active discussions of
 the new 4.0 features.
* There seems to be a trend of declining activity on the user@ list though.
  Not specifically in this quarter, more like a long-term trend, partially explained
  by good support provided on stackoverflow, partially perhaps by the project maturity.
* We receive steady contributions from two new developers.
* The last PMC member was added in December 2012.
* The last committer was added in May 2012.