cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Chainable SelectQuery
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2014 01:09:01 GMT
On 29/11/2014 1:01am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Just added another flavor of select method - 'selectFirst'. Unlike 'selectOne' intended
for queries that expect at most one row back, 'selectFirst' is a quick way to get the top-of-the-list
object, even if the query matched many objects. I.e. it is equivalent to "limit(1).selectOne(context)".

* Does selectOne() throw an exception if it gets back more than one row? Is that the main
difference between the functions for a user?
* For performance reasons, should selectOne put LIMIT 2 into the SQL since it will only discard
additional objects anyway?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis