cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Maven reporting plugins
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 00:57:59 GMT
I just applied Alex's pull request [1] that adds a bunch of reporting to the Maven build. I
haven't studied the actual reports yet (there's lots of them). Just verified that Cayenne
builds. It does, but now it requires more PermGen, so I updated our Maven requirements [2]:

MAVEN_OPTS="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m"

There's also a new 'fast-and-dirty' profile that skips the reports. I am considering actually
making it the default, and enabling reports explicitly with "slow-and-clean" profile :) Also
since we still need to agree upon the rules, all the checks do not fail the build, but simply
complain to STDOUT.

Anyways, feel free to play with it and comment on the rules. The actual rules XML files are
very extensive. But I guess since that's in git and everyone will see the warnings on the
console, we'll gradually tweak them to a sensible set.

Andrus

[1] https://github.com/apache/cayenne/pull/18
[2] http://cayenne.apache.org/dev/building-cayenne.html