cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 3.2 -> 4
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:35:50 GMT
Looks at this and the chainable query thread, I think we (almost?) have a consensus on 4.0
renaming?

Andrus

On Oct 9, 2014, at 7:05 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
> I think our parallel discussion about fluent API is very relevant here. People using
3.2 milestones before even the first beta will cope with a version change. And a big API update
is exactly the time to release a major new version number.

> A number is just a label, but it says something about us and about the product.
>
> Release: 3.0M1
> Date: 17 Jul 2007
>
> Not only is it about time after 7 years to move to the next whole number, but not moving
says a lot about lack of progress which isn't reflected in the reality of actual features.