cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Java 1.7 for 4.0 .. again
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 13:05:26 GMT
So quite a bit of time has passed since our last Java 7 discussion. Java 6 is even more distant
memory now. Of which I was reminded today after I upgraded my laptop to Yosemite. My Modeler
instance wouldn't start without installing "legacy Java SE 6 runtime" (of course I quickly
switched to Java 7 modeler and all was good). So I suggest two things, both applying to Cayenne
4.0 (aka 3.2) :

1. Make Java 1.7 a minimal requirement.
2. If #1 meets any opposition, at least stop supporting Java 6 friendly Modeler assembly on
the Mac, which existence has no reasonable excuse anymore.

Andrus