cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: DI Configuration Docs
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:18:52 GMT
Maintaining it would be the challenge, especially if you wanted it in
a more readable format.  The best thing I can think of offhand is to
add a few DI documentation-specific annotations that we then used to
produce the documentation.

I have no objections linking to the source (although there'd probably
be a different link for 3.1 vs 3.2) or suggesting to use Open Type
"ServerModule" in Eclipse to view the source code (that's my usual
hammer).

mrg

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> I have no objection to better documenting individual important services, but maintaining
a text version of ServerModule is probably a losing battle. I'd say we should better highlight
this link:

> https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/master/cayenne-server/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/configuration/server/ServerModule.java#L117
>
> We are doing it already, but probably not explicitly enough:
>
> Cayenne Guide, page 61: "While we describe some of them in the following sections, the
best way to get a full list is to check the source code of the Cayenne version you are using
and namely look in org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.ServerModule - the main built-in
module in Cayenne."

> IMO this approach is one way to strike a balance between providing useful information
and overburdening documentation with fine details of many exotic services.