cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Chainable SelectQuery
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 17:31:44 GMT

On Oct 7, 2014, at 9:30 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>>> That said, if returning this is the direction we're going, then really all
>>> the currently void methods in SelectQuery should do the same thing - like
>>> addOrdering for example.
>>

>> Correct, but we also need to gracefully deprecate the old methods and make new fluent
ones.

> I was looking at the changes and was wondering if we really need to
> deprecate the old methods.  Can't setFetchLimit() live along with
> limit()?

I suspect having both will be rather confusing. Initially I even wanted to leave SelectQuery
alone and implement all the new ideas in a separate query class (ObjectQuery?), but since
we've already made a bunch of changes to SelectQuery in the same direction, I ended up with
a massive change to the existing class.

Andrus