cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Java 1.7 for 4.0 .. again
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 07:28:35 GMT

> On Oct 27, 2014, at 10:11 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> While I'd love to start using diamond syntax and try-with-resources in our own code

Also 1.7 AutoCloseable interface (used in try-with-resources) is something I'd like to make
a part of our own API. E.g. ResultIterator should be AutoCloseable. Also have some ideas for
transaction management improvements that can take advantage of that.

With 1.6 our next best option is using java.io.Closeable. Too bad it declares IOException
in the "close" method, and relevant JDBC classes (e.g. Connection) do not implement it. So
there is an opportunity cost associated with 1.6 support (as well as with dropping 1.6 support
:))

Andrus