cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Pull requests on Jenkins
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:13:56 GMT
OK, what I did:

1. Added Java 8 to our builds
https://builds.apache.org/job/cayenne-master/

2. Set up junit test failures to be reported more clearly
https://builds.apache.org/job/Cayenne%20pull%20requests/lastBuild/testReport/

3. Derby/Java 8 is now always built first and if it fails, then the other matrix jobs are
not attempted

4. Set up a job to build every pull request at github. That's just Java 8 with the default
db (is that derby?)
https://builds.apache.org/job/Cayenne%20pull%20requests

For test failures like this one:

https://builds.apache.org/job/cayenne-master/53/cayenneTestConnection=derby,jdk=jdk-1.8.0,label=Ubuntu/testReport/org.apache.cayenne.access/DataContextClobTest/testNullClob/

Are we sure:

* the tests always run in the same order
* the tests aren't running in parallel

This error looks a lot like a race condition between the setup of the test database and the
order the tests run in.

Ari

On 24/10/2014 2:06am, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> I just did that a few hours ago. Hadn't quite got around to telling everyone :-)
>
> I also added Java 8 to our regular builds and set up the unit tests to report more clearly.
I was hoping to see why we get so many failures.  I don't know if it is Jenkins or just race
conditions in our tests.

> Ari

>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Cayenne%20pull%20requests/
>>
>> Didn't know we had those setup on Jenkins. Was it us or was it done by infra?
>>
>> And too bad we have ongoing Jenkins flakiness with regular builds; otherwise this
tool would have been very useful.

--
Aristedes Maniatis