cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: 3.2 -> 4
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 00:12:35 GMT
On 1/10/2014 10:03pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> There were some suggestions to rename 3.2 release to just 4. I think this is a good idea,
as historically each of our GA release was always a major thing. No matter whether we incremented
the version by 1 or by 0.1. So just throwing this in here for a lazy consensus.

As I think this was my suggestion I am strongly in favour of this. Although Cayenne is progressing
nicely and continuing to add new features, there may be a perception that it is not maturing
quickly enough and is becoming dormant.

I think that moving to "version 4" will help alleviate this. And the new API features in trunk
are an excellent time to go to 4.0.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis